The Guest Lodge and Training Facility are for ministry activities only
(e.g. church retreat, gospel camp, training, etc.)
Please read Guideline of Using AFC Facility before your arrival.
In 1874, young Presbyterian missionary Charles Leaman embarked from here to China. He worked diligently, sowed with tears, and then rested in the Lord over on the mission field.
In 1906, Christiana Tsai, daughter of Jiang-Su’s Governor, was converted to the Lord. She joined Charles Leaman’s daughter Mary to proclaim the gospel in many places. Later she contracted an eye disease that kept her comfortable only by staying in a dark room. Even so, she influenced countless brothers and sisters’ lives. In 1966, Sister Mary and Sister Tsai donated a portion of the Leaman family’s farm estate to the newly formed Ambassadors for Christ (AFC) organization for their use. Since then AFC has been ministering over a half century among Chinese intellectuals living in North America.
Here, in Paradise, PA, from which Charles Leaman embarked, was the place where Sister Christiana Tsai ministered, with her “dark room as her mission field, and her bed as her pulpit.” Now this location has been the headquarters for training and administrative offices for AFC to “Reach this generation of Chinese intellectuals for Christ” during the past 50 years.
Training room: Joy
72 people with desks
AFC Great Commission Training Center has an area of 13,600 square feet and has a capacity of 200 people in the main hall, as well as a dining area, a kitchen, some conference-rooms, open-style reception areas, spacious restrooms, modern audio-visual technology and cable equipment. The Training Center is suitable for training events, getaways, and retreats for less than 200 people. It can also be used as your personal quiet-time space for regaining strength from God.
Dining room: Hope / Faith
36 people - 30-40 people if used for meeting/training
Facility Policy & Guideline of Using AFC Facility
• Registration Format: online (please register with your real name-please use alphabets)
• Pay time: In advance or check in day.
• Reservation confirmation: you will receive an email from email@example.com
• The determined booking must be received no later than twenty 20 days prior to your event, or the ‘Minimum Amount’ will be based on your original contracted number.
** Note: you or your group will be billed for space reserved even though not in-use. You are allowed to cancel 10% of your total room number before you arrive.
Check-in: from 2 pm to 5pm;
• Early check-in: subject to room availability. (You may store your baggage in the lodge’s lobby area until your room is ready)
** When you arrive, please follow the indicators to headquarters’ front desk and ask for keys. If you check-in during the weekends or holiday, please enter the lodge through the side door by using the passcode that you received from facility coordinator, and your room keys will be placed in the rooms.
** Headquarters key will be assigned to the group leader; all equipments in the conference room will be set up on the ‘ready-to-use’ model. (4 Microphones, Projectors, Speakers)
Check-out: no later than 11 am; (You may extend your conference room occupying hours after negotiated with Facility coordinator; this may result in a late departure fee of $25.00/hour).
• Before you leave:
1. Please be sure you marked all the boxes on the list that you received from the facility coordinator;
2. Please also return your keys to the front desk (reception center). If you check out during the weekends and holiday, please contact facility coordinator 415-518-6394 for specific instruction
We accept Visa, Mastercard, cash or cheque; One person in your group pay the final bill.
All checks should be made payable to ‘Ambassador for Christ or AFC’. Complete payment is required at the beginning of your stay.
• If cancellation is made ≥ 90 days prior to the event date, no fee will be charged.
• If cancellation is made within 90 days prior, you will be charged for 50% of full payment.
a. You are allowed to cancel 10% of your total reservation before you arrive.
21 Ambassador Drive
Paradise, PA 17562
717-687-8564 ext. 283 (office)
During your time at AFC, please either call or email facility coordinator if any issue occurred.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-687-8564 ext. 283 8:30am-5:00pm
Things To Do:
In this area, the worldwide renown biblical theater Sight & Sound creates stunning productions of Biblical events that make the Bible come to life. In the neighborhood, you will also be close to the unique Amish community and landscape as well.
Direction to Training Center